I think breastfeeders SHOULD cover up!???

I mean- come on already! I know that is the reason for having breasts as to serve for nurishment to your offspring- but I recently saw on the news where Facebook wiped a bunch of breatfeeding mommas pics from thier profiles because they violated the anti nudity rules of the site. Now these mommas are throwing a fit over it. WHY? You know this rule...Don't you? I don't have a problem with public breastfeeding as long as the woman draps something across her to disclose her body, but for the ones that just whip it out and look around like "What What- what you gonna say?" Thats gross! Have some consideration for other already! I cover my mouth when I cough! Cover your boobies so others don't have to see. Who else is with me here!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The only woman I know that was "open" about breastfeeding was my boss! She brought her infant to work for the first 6 months after she had her son, and kept him in a play yard in her office. She would breastfeed with her office door open, and during STAFF meetings!

When her son was 6 months old...it was off to all day day care!

I swear she was so open about breastfeeding just so she could "announce" to everyone that she was a mommy, and we all thought she felt guilty for dumping him off in daycare! She also made over $150,000/year (10 years ago), and her HUSBAND earned even more! So, she certainly didn't HAVE to work!
    Anonymous

• I guess the general reply to this will be "If you don't like it, don't look." It is a free country after all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• GET OVER IT! You don't have to look at it if you don't want too. I think people just need something to gripe about on here! I'm not one of those moms that breastfeed in public but it's a natural thing so don't look!
    Anonymous

• I agree. I dont mind if you breastfeed but I dont want to see it.
    Anonymous

• Im not with you. I have no problem with women who breastfeed and are proud about it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Haha! I asked this question not too long ago and got a lot of hateful responses.

I agree with you! Women need to be a little more modest about it. I don't appreciate explaining to my 7 year old why a woman has one boob hanging out:)
    Anonymous

• I agree! I mean I know the kids gotta eat, but WHY can you not use a burp cloth, go to the restroom/lounge, or breastfeed at home, and go out between feedings...ummmm, like I did!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. I breastfeed my son but not everyone wants to see my boobs. I always carried a blanket with us incase i needed to breastfeed him in public that way i wasnt showing everyone my boob.
    Its not that it is gross its just a matter of having respect for others.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• WHy should we have to look away? YOU are the one who is naked. It is perfectly possible to feed the baby descreetly or go in another room. Your decision forces other people to deal with how you are undressed and if they aren't comfortable that is your fault! How incredably selfish of you.

Anonymous

• I don't have to explain to my kids why a woman has her breast out if she's breastfeeding. They already know.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009