How do I get the husband I married back..after only five years??

My husband and I have been married for five years...This last year things have gotten weird. He no longer wants to make love, our date night has turned into fast food quickies, and he no longer looks at me with that twinkle in his eye! We have three children..one of them mine from a previous man. He swears that there is something wrong down under, and he no longer can get it up to have sex. But talks around me when I mention doctors. I know that intimacy is not everything in a relationship, but when all signs point to loss of interest...what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, people do change. The date night that now is just fast food has me wondering. Perhaps he is stressed out at work. You have spoken to him about this, so I can't recommend talking. All I can think is to sit down with him and look him in the eye and tell him what you have just told us. Urge him to get a physical exam, this could find the cause of his problem if a problem it is. The more I think about it, the more it seems as though it could be a medical problem- it could explain his distraction and lack of joy as well as the other problem. Meanwhile, try to ease his way- carry more of the burden of the family than you usually do so that he doesn't have that stress, anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Regardless of his age your husband needs to be checked by his Dr. ED can be a result of stress or other things much more dangerous. For ALL of your sakes he should go. If he is unwilling to go to a Dr...send your radar up. Has he changed styles of clothing? cologne? working late a lot when he didn't used to. Not answering calls when you're apart..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Look in the mirror what do you see? Are you the same person he married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2009