What do you think about this ...

im 27 and have been single for a long time. i was with my childs father since 17yrs old to about 24.For the past 3-4 yrs i have not been approached by any man. i see people looking at me but i dont know if it is with interest. I feel uber ugly because i dont get any male attention. I get a few rude comments from trashy guys that says im beautiful and sexy. but i have not met anyone ! not one polite gentleman! there was one guy that i talked to over text only. this was someone that I approached and he basically wants sex and fun and i dont talk to him anymore. there was one guy that asked for my # while i was leaving the gym. he texted me once and that was it and he never responded back to me. the lastguy i had any contact with was when i tried online dating. we met and he basicaly just wanted sex so that was a no go.
I dont know what it is! i have very low self esteem and think im uber ugly at times. sometims I feel pretty but most times I dont. I try to seem confident when im out so people wont picj up on that. i see people i think are ugly and they all have boyfriends while I cant even get one guy. I truly feel like maybe im the ugliest person on the face of the earth because I have never seen a young person like me with no love in her life at all. Im almost 30 and not even close to even thinking marriage in my life or more kids is possible..

what can it be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Relationships

• You can't try to have self esteem. You have to actually have it.

There are some wonderful workbooks on Amazon with exercises to help you. Browse through them, take a look at the reviews and pick one that is right for you.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:51 PM on May. 7, 2012

• People see your own low self-esteem. That is what it is. You need confidence girl! If guys tell you that you are pretty, then I'm sure they mean it. Try believing it for once. Trashy guys, screw them! It's a dog eat dog dating world out there. You need a thick skin but you also need a healthy self-esteem. Do things that make you happy and build confidence. You are who you are, celebrate that!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:52 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Stop worrying about finding mr right. Just stop looking. Be who you are, do your thing, and when you stop looking for love, more than likely he will hit you smack dab in the face (not literally, he wouldn't be mr right if he actually hit you).

At least that is my advice for you. It worked for me, anyway.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:05 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Yea. .I havent really thought about finding a mr right until this year. I feel like it shouldve happened. it hasnt which is why im thinking about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on May. 7, 2012

• It sounds like men are attracted to you, and that you're just not giving in to what they want. That's a GOOD thing. You would never find Mr. Right if you started sleeping with and wasting your time on these douchebags instead of weeding them out right away.

Don't give up, and don't give in, either. Stay approachable, but keep your standards high.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:20 PM on May. 7, 2012

• (Wow, I just had deja vu while reading this post.)

Anyway, I agree with jeanclaudia and hopeandglory53.

The right guy will come along when you least expect it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:23 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Mail me....PLZ

PLZ remind me -- I contacted you here ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:02 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Therapy can help you with your selfesteem.

Are you living in the fifties, waiting for a man to approach you? Why do you expect a man to make the first move? If you want to talk to someone, say "hi, my name is XXXXX"

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 AM on May. 8, 2012