Emotionally, physically and mentally drained

time it took : approx 30 minutes

what it took: my daughter opening her mouth and everything out of it disrespectful

what it caused: she will be moving out, (with or without boy friend) by June 8th has been instructed not to speak to me unless spoken to first - which may be a cold day in hell.

how am I: absolutely as sad as I think I have ever been in my entire life, we have bent over backwards to make things possible for her- high school, college even after having the LO, then she decided she doesnt like her field so she is back in college and now only working part time so we picked up the financial slack- like we had then money to do so- NOT, we cut corners.

why did she do all this: she was upset with the jackwagon she is wanting to marry and doesnt know how to tell him she doesnt want to move in with him so she took it out on us, sorry about her luck she has had several strikes and I am going to once stand my ground and make her go but its going to kill me to do so.

luvmygrandbaby

Asked by luvmygrandbaby at 2:07 AM on May. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• My former MIL (one of the greatest women in the world) told me this gem:

They never appreciate everything you do until they live on their own.

She raised 11 of them. Some she had to kick out because they were taking advantage and disrespectful.
    I hope the two of you can work through this.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:12 AM on May. 8, 2012

• She will be OK and she has to figure it out on her own. Personally... my daughter and I can not live together ever again (she's nearly 21), although we are extremely close. People, children are no exception, tend to take advantage of people and lash out at people they know will continue to love them even when they act like asses. It is very important that you hold your boundaries and demand proper treatment. And it's time for her to learn that there are consequences for choices, whether getting engaged, going back to school, etc. It sucks that she doesn't have enough life experience on her own to really understand the sacrifices you have made, but the only way to change that is stand your ground. I often have a hard time when I feel my daughter is suffering
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:03 AM on May. 8, 2012

• I'll post anon and spell everything wrong and ask if I'm pregnant if it will help you feel better!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:37 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Hugs luv! You have to let her go at some point and you said it yourself, you have reached the final point. Stand strong.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:22 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Sorry, luv. That must be heart breaking.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:24 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Good luck to you. I hope evwrything works out for the better.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 2:25 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Hugs, you need them more than I do!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:41 AM on May. 8, 2012

• DD is happy right now, so is DS (after tylenol and orajel). My eyes are strained, but doing OK. At least I am only physically drained.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:44 AM on May. 8, 2012

• thanks kmath,
    luvmygrandbaby

Comment by luvmygrandbaby (original poster) at 2:27 AM on May. 8, 2012

• thanks mommas, I guess I am gonna be a wuss tonight and must cry all night LOL, I needed a good cry anyways so why not!
    luvmygrandbaby

Comment by luvmygrandbaby (original poster) at 2:28 AM on May. 8, 2012