Doggie Smell?

We just got a dog Sunday and I trying to find out if there's any way to get rid or die down the the smell, you know the one that says 'obviously a dog lives here' smell when you enter the home? Thanks!

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pets

• Lots of febreeze that is specifically for pets.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Febreeze has ingredients that are toxic, not good for you and your family, as do most commercial products. The absolute best thing I"ve used is Sol-U-Mel by Melaleuca. It does so many things, including removing marker, nail polish etc., but it also GREAT on odors! And it's all-natural!!!
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 5:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Contact me if you want more info on the product.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 5:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• OK I have two great danes, anything that is lemon or like orange works wonders......I got one of those automatic sprayer things with some kind of orange it works wonders...I also put some lemon oil in my fountain on the bar! Hope this helps!!!! Oh I also have ferrets, and you cant smell neither!
    amb_josh

Answer by amb_josh at 6:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i am a dog groomer,give him a bath!
    Bethy16

Answer by Bethy16 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was just going to say bathe him and brush him all that good stuff. Also if he's a puppy start brushing their teeth now so they get used to it. At the pet stores they have tooth brushes that are made just for dogs and all natural tooth paste, my dog's is peanut butter flavor.
    shyfox19

Answer by shyfox19 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Bathing her/he will help.Try vacuming your home more often and opening your windows.Try sprinkling baking powder on the carpets then vacum it up.Also shampoo your carpets and sofa,chairs etc once a year.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• We have 4 dogs living in our house. People walk in here and find it hard to believe we even have one. We bathe our dogs regularly, and we clean with either pine-sol or bleach. We use bleach and something called odo-ban on our kennel. They are recommended by vet and the inspector who comes to our house every 6 months.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 2:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• there is a spray call Pet Magic is has enzymes in it that kill the bacteria instead of covering the odor up.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe all dogs smell. I have 3 & only the white one gets a regular bath. I have a dog who hasn't had a bath in 2 yrs. Only gets brushed & she doesn't smell. Maybe they don't smell because they stay inside most of the day. I walk them on a lead 3 times a day. They don't get into anything dirty.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010