should i take my daughter to the hospital?? the tremomter saids its 100.5!!!!

she is coughing, everytime she coughs it hurts!!! she has aches

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• If shes under 1 then you should call the pediatrician. If shes over 1 she should be ok if you give her some tylenol and cough medicine.

Answer by gemgem at 5:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• well 100.5 isn't much of a fever so I wouldn't. I would call the pedi or go tomorrow to the urgent care. Have you tried any remedies to ease the cough? and how old is she?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 100.5 is a low grade fever. Just give her tylenol for the aches and call the peds to make sure she doesnt' have an ear infection or something. Personally, I dont' give my children anything for fevers that are under 101, fevers are the bodys way of fighting off infection. BUT my daughter is my spiker, she will get up to 104 easily (well she did as a tot) and once she hit the 102 mark, she would start vomitting, so for her I would have to catch the fever early.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't, that's barely a fever. Unless she's only a few days/weeks old then I'd probably just call the doc.
    Anonymous

• she is 13
    Anonymous

• yes.. it an lead to something more serious quickly just go to an urgent care facility. you dont play around with youre childs health
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 5:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• A cough and a fever, it sould be bronchititis but there is nothing they can really do about that. Get a humidifier, cough medicine or throat drops, lots of fluids. If you are worried about her breathing than bring her in. If her fever continues and you are really worried bring her to the doctor. If she has asthma and you have a nebulizer that would help too. Hope she feels better soon.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 13 and only a 100.5 fever. I wouldnt' rush her anywhere, just give her tylenol or motrin for the fever and call her ped in the am and get her in to make sure she doesnt' have a bacterial infection that requires anti-biotics, remember that antibiotics do NOTHING for the flu, common cold and other viral infections.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• NO! Give her some Motrin, keep her butt in bed and make her drink clear fluids!
    Anonymous

• Hospital for a simple cold? No. Just help her feel comfortable and let the cold run its course.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2009