what is nipple stimulation?

how do you do it? just rub your nipples or do you have to use a breast pump? im almost 40 weeks and just curious, if your just gonna bitch about how wait to come naturally then i dont need your "advice"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just playing with them, I wouldn't use the pump, cause that would hurt lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm not sure how to do it, but everyone I know that HAS done it said labor hurt worse than they could ever imagine, and they'd already had kids before that. It supposedly makes the contractions MUCH more intense and painful.
    Anonymous

• As strange as it is....you just do whatever you normally do to stimulate them...probably the best thing would be to let your SO have at them....no breast pump needed....

It can REALLY cause you to have serious contractions, I know from personal experience.
    Anonymous

• Well it releases oxytocin, which is what docs use IN pitocin for induction of labor. But if your body isn't ready for labor, nothing will work, trust me on that one lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Nipple stimulation is similar to that action of a baby nursing. Your partner can help. Just don't stress if it doesn't work, it is something that will only work if your baby is ready. GL
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Use a pump or have you so play with them. However, it won't work unless your baby is ready to be born. Sure, you'll get a couple contractions but they'll just stall out after a while. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and still nursing my son. So my nipples are stimulated several times a day, everyday and no labor since my body isn't ready. That's just how it works. With my last pregnancy I used a pump and it didn't work then either. Try it if you'd like.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• have fun go crazy...It doesn't make your contractions any worse...lol. It just releases the same hormone that gets released normally. People just take more notice of it when it is something they did. Lol. Just do whatever makes you feel stimulated. Lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009