Natural remedies for cold ?

I'm not sick yet, but I deffenatly feel it coming... my throught hurts, my head is stuffyand i feel tired all the time.
I can't get sick! I got a 1 month old baby to take care of! any one got any remedies?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lots of steamy baths!!!!!
    Sleep as much as you can, I know it's hard but best thing is sleep.
    If you're not opposed to it, if your little one deos start to get sick, give her a litttle bit of Tylenol, ask the dr about the dosage and you shouldbe good from, there. Buy some Eyuclptus? (not sure if i spelt it right..) and use it throughout your house, it clears up stuffiness and then the usual lemon, hot water and honey :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Rest and pleanty of fluids, dont' take any suppliments if you are breastfeeding without consulting your peds first. Chicken soup is always good for a cold. For relief of a cold, I usually take a long hot bath with dead sea salts in it, the theory is that sea salts draw out the "toxins". I dont' know if that's trues, but sure feels good lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• When I feel a cold coming I take echinacea and vitamin c. I also drink herbal teas such by traditional medicinals (gypsy cold care, throat coat, and organic echinacea plus). These always help me so much.

Saline solution helps if my nose gets stuff and congested too.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Drink tons of green tea and load up on fruits and veggies.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 6:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oh and if you do get stuffy you can add some eucalyptus oil into the bath water and it helps clear things out too. :) or put it in a diffuser.

Oh, all the things I mentioned above are safe for nursing too. you can ask your dr for reassurance but they are definitely safe.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's as natural as you can get!
    Anonymous