• In the Spotlight:

HCG levels??

Well last week I was 1 day late for my period and since my husband and I have been trying to have another baby i was excited and thought i was pregnant.. took a test POSITIVE!! Took a second.. NEGATIVE :(.. went to get a blood test, came back that im not pregnant but my HCG levels were 4??? i got my period that night but what does level 4 mean? my doctor never answered me

Amattei008

Asked by Amattei008 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it must have been an early miscarriage I hate to say but most likely thats what it was. It happens when there is something not right when the egg and sperm meet or it couldn't implant. Just keep trying and hopefully next month you will conceive. Good luck
    expecting209

Answer by expecting209 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• ANything under a 5 is considered not pregnant.. A lot of women have miscarriages that early during pregnancy , but never know because most people don't test that early.. (i know it's hard to wait when ttc!!) Good Luck next month!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2008