Does life get any easier?

One thing after another keeps trying to destroy me and my family. I just keep getting drug down and down...when will it get easier? sorry no more info to give...just curious on all y'alls beliefs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just think over and over "this too shall pass" Make it your mantra. If you have shelter over your head, food in your belly water to drink and people to love...you should consider yourself lucky. that's what I do at least. Count your blessings! I hope it gets better XOXO!:)
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 6:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• the Lord said to follow him...he never said it would be easy. following him means you have to go through tests/storms to test your faith. but don't worry, there is always a calm before the storm. it will get better soon! ((HUGS))
    Anonymous

• AMEN anon at 6:09 :)
    Anonymous

• I think as a christian you have to understand and realize that satan will do whatever he can to tear you down and bring you down. He wants you to think life wont get easier and theres no point in having faith in God. Have faith and know that as long as you believe and pray things will get better. God has a plan for everything so sometimes things happen we dont expect or on Gods time. Keep praying and always hold hope.

Answer by gemgem at 6:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have had some crap fall on my parade as well and I have to tell you that it might not get easier, but the experiences make you stronger and (no bull), they do make you wiser. All those things you hear people say are indeed true; "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger" (not sure if I got that one 100% correct). If your life is easy and breezy, then you are either turning a blind eye to it or you are on some serious drugs! No one's life is easy, we just learn to pull ourselves out of the muck and go on. Don't worry, you will get past everything, just hold on to your faith.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 6:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• there are plenty of ways to get over the roller coaster rides. 1-write down everything that has gone wrong and a solution to each problem, then write up a list based on the first one, listing which is most important down to least important and which is doable vs which have to wait, then every day focus on just trying to fix one. 2- try talking to friends/family/ or if your religious, a pastor/priest/etc. to ask them if there is any help they can give to you. 3-try meditation or other stress relieving exercises that can help you get through the day to day.. Take one day at a time, and keep your head up and your mind open to change. Good luck, if you need someone to talk to or have any questions pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I understand that feeling of - what else can happen? We had a house fire, the stress of the insurance, living in a hotel for half a year, surgery on my back, my daughter diagnosed with a rare tumor, then she needed glasses, I had a cancer scare and a partial thyroid ectomy... .. and it all happened within a year. I am not religious.. but life is what you make of it. You can spend your time sitting around saying, "Poor me" or you can look around and appreciate what you *do* have. There are always people worse off then you. Always. Take control of what you can and make the best of the bad times. No one can fix your life for you. Don't sit around waiting for it to magically get better - take action on what you can and appreciate what you do have. Attitude is a large part of personal happiness. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. I heard our pastor say once. People are either beginning a trial, in the middle of a trial or coming out of a trial. As a believer I remind myself I'm not of this world just passing through. My home is in heaven. Read James 1:4 I have a bible link on my page and Romans 5:3-5. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I heard a quote - I don't know where it is from, but it really resonated with me . . . "This has come to pass, not to stay".

Life never gets "easier" it just keeps going, and we get the benefit of getting wiser and stronger.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 8:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There are periods of storms,rainbows,planting,harvest in life.It's all just a season honey to
    get through till the next season. We can gain strength and wisdom out of the bad. God builds our character for what he needs it to be.We can't have all smooth and all our wishes because God knows our future and what we ask may harm us more in the future. Trust in him pray for his will and help you to endure and overcome!
    Anonymous