How do you get a teen to confess to having SEX

My teenage daughter told me so i told her father he talked to her and she said she didnt he thinks i am a liar ??? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be wondering why dh thinks you are a liar b/c his teen dd wont admit to having sex......strange.

I dont really understand why she needs to admit to her father....I would be jumping for joy that she told me!

I wouldnt want to talk about that with my father either.

Just tell your dh the info he needs and talk with him about it and then YOU be the one to talk with your dd......she must feel more comfortable with you and that is GREAT!
    Anonymous

• They dont confess they confide. If she doesnt want to confide in her dad, she wont.

Answer by gemgem at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why would you tell her father?? she obviously trusted you enough to confide in you and you broke her trust...... you should have just took the precautions and talked with her and just been there for her, I would have never wanted my dad to know any of that stuff!! I wouldn't count on her telling you anything else anytime soon!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i think that you should have told her dad not to say anything to her about it. it was something she told you in confidence and now she may feel like she cant talk to you. i agree with making her dad aware that she was sexually active but no teenage girl wants to talk about sex with her dad. maybe you should tell her that you shouldnt have told her dad and that maybe you were wrong for that. and then make sure you take the right measures to keep her from getting STDS or getting pregnate. you cant make her refrain from sex. all you can do is help her prevent disease or pregnacy.
    Anonymous

• if this is your biological DD, some things should just be between moms and DD, dads do not understand this and do not want to think of their DD as sexual, it is hard for them... Did he come down on her kinda hard about the sex? She might not have felt comfortable talking to dad about it, he is prob. upset right now and a lie is easier than the truth sometimes, give it time the truth will come out or he will know in his heart you are not a liar
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• she probably didn't want her dad to know because there's like this weird thing with us girls at that age.. i mean would YOU have wanted your mom to tell your dad about you having sex? haha i'll bet not, just because..well.. it's your dad. you just don't want him to know. I think you're daughter felt ashamed around him, and was hoping she could just come to you and quietly talk about it.. maybe ask your husband how he approched it, and then maybe ask your daughter next time if it's alright if you tell her dad. i'm sorry to say you may have wrecked your chances of her being open with you at this delicate time..with you going and telling without asking her if it was alright, says to her that she can't trust you with very private information. she lied to you husband because she told you something in private thinking you wouldn't say anything..
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Either way, I think it's important for you and DH to be a united front. Obviously you felt it was important to tell him what was going on with his DD (and I would do the same thing you did in a heartbeat). I think you and him need to sit down with her and explain that you two don't keep secrets from eachother, and that it's important that he knows what is going on in her life. Make sure he let's her know he's not judging her or trying to make her feel bad or uncomfortable.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 6:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The three of you need to sit down together and you need to confront her about HER LIE, in front of him. Do not do this until you talk to her first. Did she want to share it with you but keep it from him? If so, you will need to explain that you can't keep that kind of information to yourself. She needs to be able to share these things with both of her parents. Help her talk to him if that is the problem. I am thinking you aren't married or with her father because he doesn't believe you. Is that right? Would he rather you not share important information like that? If you and he are estranged, forget that he thinks you are a liar if you can't get the three of you together. He is a fool to look the other way after what she told you.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Do you know how embarrassing something like that is to a teen? Telling her dad?
    I remember when I was a teen I didn't like my dad knowing stuff. I preferred my mom to know because she is a woman and it's something we could relate to each other in.
    I'm pretty sure she was embarrassed. However; Get your husband and teen together with you that way she can't lie in front of your face.
    Anonymous

• More importantly, how do you get a mother to realize she just broke the trust of her daughter. You realize you probably just ruined your relationship with her. Forget about getting her to confess. Try working on rebuilding that trust.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2009