Any help on how to tell my mom and how she'll react?

Are there any other young mommy's out there who have any advice on how to tell your mom that you're pregnant and how she'll react?

Lexi-Brown

Asked by Lexi-Brown at 6:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• i was 18 when i found out i was pregnate. i was also terrified to tell my mom. i think you need to sit her down and just tell her. she may not react the way you are expecting her to. i know my family didnt
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I told my mom that I needed to talk. All I said was "baby". lol she smacked my bf and was excited by the next day. good luck
    Anonymous

• All my son had to say was Mom We Need To Talk and I knew he was going to tell me his gf was pregnant. I'm an older mom who can tell you that each person reacts differently but it's best to just come out with it. My mom told ME I was pregnant! My xh told me our teen dd was pregnant! She wouldn't admit it even after the pregnancy test said she was. Watch the movie Juno if that will help. Or you could leave the pregnancy test in the trash so she can find it. Personally it shows maturity if you just say "Mom, we need to talk." Let her sit down. Then tell her you are pregnant.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was 17 when I got pregnant with my oldest, I sat my mom down and told her. It's going to be hard and don't freak out if she yells, (its the shock) mine did but once she calmed down we talked about my options and she became my rock.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i just kinda flat out told my mom lol it a no nonsense way lol
    good luck
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was 17 and all I said was I have to tell you something and she knew. She was mad at first but she got used to the idea. Now she spoils my son shamelessly! As long as you show maturity and depending on what kind of person she is, it should be ok.
    Anonymous

• I showed up at my moms wedding 7 months pregnant. It was the best way. She couldnt yell at me in front of her friends.

Answer by gemgem at 6:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• well I was in the same boat as you. But i was 22 when i found out. yes it is so hard. my mom was so not for it at all. even thought it did not matter because she kinda got her wish, we lost our first son at 5in a half months. an yes it still hurts to this day. an nobody talks about it not even me an my husband.
    ZAGARIPRUSS

Answer by ZAGARIPRUSS at 7:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I am 19 now, i was 18 when i got pregnant, i wrote a note to my mom (we sometimes do that back and forth when we don;'t know how to say something or need to vent) to soften the blow then i came over to the house after, i am married now and she absolutely adores her grandson. Most parents get over the shock and are entirely excited in awhile.
    amcelha12608

Answer by amcelha12608 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Every parent reacts differently to the news.

I was 16 when I found out I was pregnant and had my son the day after my 17th birthday. I actually didn't tell a soul until I was five months along. I just sat her down and was honest. She was upset for awhile but she also had her first child at 18, so she was able to understand my hesitation when it came time to tell her.
    Isa0524

Answer by Isa0524 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009