Do you practice Feng Shui?

And does it really help in any way?
DH moved our living room around and we think it just doesn't "flow". I wondered if feng shui had anything to do with that.

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 6:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I attempted it (using Feng Shui for Dummies) and one thing that I DID notice that when I cleared the clutter from the "career/life path" area of my home it made a big difference. You can't imagine how much this changed my attitude about work and removed the stress I associated with it. I don't know if it had anything to do with feng shui or the simple decluttering, but it seemed to be a positive move.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 1:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• A part of Feng Shui is balance of Chi and Shui.Chi is the positive engery and the Shui is the negative engery.If you don't like the way the newly arranged furinture is,then it is a negative engery.I don't know how much furinture in that room,but if you have too many pieces try to eliminate some of it.Here are the color of Feng Shui Red for loyality,Green for peace,blue for calm,Yellow of longetivity.Also try smudging the rooms in your house,which is dried sage.By buring it and saying " Positive engeries are welcome.Negative are liberated."Also Shui likes mirrors so don't put mirrors at the end of your bed or over your bed.Surround yourself with beautiful things.If you live in a state where there isn't dursatic changes in the weather,leave the windows open,as this allows the Chi to follow in your house and the Shui to leave your house.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009