Please tell me she doesn't have cerebral palsy to those that know about it.

ok so my youngest dd is 9 months old. She went to her 9 month well baby visit yesterday she is doing very well with weight and height. She is in 50-75 percentile for her weight at 19 pounds. And 90 percentile for height at 28 inches. Well, anyway, they asked if she crawls my dh says if you want to call it that lol. Well she doesn't really crawl she is on her hands and feet and like walks lol. But at time she will drag her leg. So the dr was watching her crawl on the table like 5-6 times then asked how she does with walking along furniture so she had her walk along the chair and she was dragging her foot. When she walks along the furniture she will drag her one foot and also walks on her tip toes, but then again she just started walking along furniture a week ago. She started crawling I can't remember 7 months? My other 2 girls were crawling at 5 and 6 months. The dr wants to do an x ray to check her hips and legs to make sure nothing is going to interfere with her walking when she starts walking on her own. She didn't say anything about cerebral palsy just it scares me now that she is concered about her dragging her leg. I have a 9 year cousin who has it although he is really bad he just learned to crawl last year he can't walk. But now all I can think about is this. So I am looking at any info about it I can think of. I am hoping maybe she is just being lazy? I was thinking maybe crawling hurts her knees so that is why she is doing this? Then the walking part I was hopping it was because she just learned to do it? Above is a pic of how she mostly crawls and then she will drag her leg get back up like this again and do this then drags the leg again.  

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:30 PM on May. 8, 2012 in About CafeMom

• My DD has severe CP, but all I can say is to wait & see what the doctors say. Is she meeting other milestones, like holding up her head, babbling, etc? If so, it may be that she's just got tight muscles in that leg or something similar. As to the toe walking, is she in a baby walker a lot? Those can cause that, & some kids do it naturally. & as to the weird crawling... Well, it's not that weird. Kids move around however they want- my little cousin crawled that way. Please, don't scare yourself thinking it's a huge problem- if it's not, you'll be worrying over nothing, & if it is, you'll have plenty of time to worry later. Please feel free to PM me, I know how scary this stuff is, & I'd be happy to talk to you. Hugs!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 3:56 PM on May. 8, 2012

• I don't know much about CB, but my cousin was tested for it at age 8 because she is a chronic toe walker. They were able to rule it out but still don't have a diagnosis.

Good luck to you in whatever you find out.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:41 PM on May. 8, 2012

• *CP*
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:42 PM on May. 8, 2012

• My friend's son has CP and it was very, very evident from a very early age.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:44 PM on May. 8, 2012

• thank you
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on May. 8, 2012

• I do not know. Go on webmd.com and read up on your concerns. Good luck. Remember it could be nothing some babies do all sorts of weird things when crawling and are fiine. I hope it is nothing.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:45 PM on May. 8, 2012

why did this one get voted down?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on May. 8, 2012

• if you get recatted just edit it back to about cafemom

what???
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Your post has been re-categorized from "about cafemom" to "kid's health". if you want it to remain, in what most of us agree, as the best place for special needs- go to edit question and put it back in "about cafemom".

and who knows why she was DV'd could have been the reference to self education or it could have been someone on the rag :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:59 PM on May. 8, 2012

• KA91

I think she is meeting other milestones. But she doesn't say mama, dada, baba or anything like that yet and that also concerend the dr. She holds up her head. No she is rarely ever in a baby walker. She doesn't like them she rather be on the floor so I rarely ever put her in one.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2012