Is it a good thing to be a little jealous over SO/Spouse?

I have been very happily married for almost 10 years. We have the highest most respect and trust for each other. But if I ever want to go do a girls night or a beach trip with my best friend he gets jealous. He doesnt say I cant go but he gets a little jealous. He says he knows I wont do anything, he just doesnt want other guys looking at me. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I think it would be bad if he didnt get a little jealous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on May. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• Guys only look at you when you are on a girls night out?
    Maybe its his way of saying he will miss you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:33 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Instead of being jealous of men looking at you, he should be proud to have you as his wife.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:34 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Are you Rapunzel?
    He just wants to lock you up in a tower?
    He realizes that if you are out running errands, people will look correct?

This is beyond jealous and paranoid? If he trusts you then he should trust you no matter where you are and what you are doing.
    Does he just not like your friends? Are they skanky?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:35 PM on May. 8, 2012

• OP here- let me start over by saying that he never says I cant go and he never gets mad. And when I ask him if he is jealous, he says maybe a little. I think it is cute that he still thinks men are going to look at me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Well obviously it suits you both the way things are. I would not care for that behavior.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:41 PM on May. 8, 2012

• In my opinion, jealousy stems from an insecurity. I don't think its that men are going to look at you that bothers him, but more that you might be looking at other men and he may come up short.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:44 PM on May. 8, 2012

• He seems to need some reassuring from you.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:49 PM on May. 8, 2012

• nope jealousy in my opinion is just a lack of trust.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 AM on May. 9, 2012