How can I get my "carb-loving" 17 month old to eat veggies?

I don't give him a lot of sweets (rarely even) but he loves crackers, cereal and bread. He does eat sweet potatoes so I guess that is good. He has eaten brocoli (frozen pieces) and fresh tomatoes ONCE but has had nothing to do with it since then. Ideas would be great! Thanks!

mom8907

Asked by mom8907 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• most kids like green beans, or corn on the cob let him eat it right off the cob might be more fun for him that way.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Just offer him the vegetable and let him help either pick them out or prepare them. The more he's involved in food choices, the more likely he will be to actually eat the food you offer, vegetables included. Keep offering him the vegetables, even if he doesn't want to try them yet.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• we're a family of carboholics ourselves. My child will eat green beans, corn and carrots without a problem. I have taken to making pumpkin, carrot and zuccini breads to help. You can also puree veggies in hid them in other foods.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009