When do I thicken the consistency of the cereal?

I just started my dd on cereal and I was wondering when you start making i a bit thicker. It's so watery by the direction on the box, so I added a little more so it would stay on the spoon, but at what rate can I put more cereal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When ever you want. My son didn't like it runny so his was thick to start with. My son like his 1 tablespoon cereal and 1 1/2 oz breastmilk. I would start thick and see how she likes it... then thin it down to what she wants.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I waited until DS got used to it...he started off sucking it off the spoon and like drinking it. lol But keep this in mind--if you're mixing it with breastmilk, there is an enzyme that continously breaks down so the longer it sits, the thinner it will get!!! I learned that through expierence
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• once you see that your child is eating the runny cereal ok then you can thicken it up a little at a time.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009