"metrsexual" behavior on tween boys?

Previously I posted a question about tween boys wearing earrings ...and I got both sides of view,,,the "close minded", who think earrings means gay...and the open minded"who think is a self expression act and shows indviduality...for me an earring could be the self expression of letting everyone know they have a girlie side or like in the old TV...that they have a dangerous side (gangsta)...the bigger the earring the more dangerous...now with our Puertorican culture...I dont know what to think...my son wants his eyebrows shaped...it is not self expression when you can't tell if it is a man or a woman...that what happen to me when I went to the puertorican festival in the summer....humongous diamond earrings...shaped eyebrows...nice shaped beard...hanging down pants...it confuses me...soon he would want to shave his legs...like he said other guys do...having a boy is not as boring as I thought...is harder than my girls

feelingthekicks

Asked by feelingthekicks at 6:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Find someone that knows how to wax men's brows! It's different than doing women's, and if you take him just anywhere he'll end-up with beautifully shaped feminine brows. Someone that knows how to do men will just give him a cleaner look. If you aren't comfortable with it, that would be a good compromise.

Nothing wrong with metrosexuals. Caring about your appearance is a good thing! Heck, my toddler is already gearing up to be a ms. He's totally into shoes, his hair, baths, and brushing his teeth!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• being a metrosexual male doesnt make him gay. i see nothing wrong with him wanting to shape his eye browns its simply a way of making himself look cleaner. If hes not dressing like a girl i wouldnt worry about it. Besides he might wax his eye brows once and decide the pain is to much.
    My husband is a very manly guy who likes to fish and get dirty and all that but even he likes to keep his eye brows at bay.
    Anonymous

• If his eye brows are bushy then do it, but that is how it starts.

Anyway do what you have to do people do what they want regardless of what people say or think. I think I answered this question before. It sounds like the father has more of an reflection on him than anyone else. Either way your son knows you don't like it but he is going to do what he likes anyway, behind your back for sure. I guess out of sight out of mind. GLconfused

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my husband gets his eyebrows waxed, shaves his legs, gets highlights in his hair, has both ears pierced and gauged , and he is HOT. I think women should appreciate a man who cares about what he looks like, if hubby didnt have his eyebrows shaped, he would have a unibrow! lol
    Anonymous