How do I plan for this event!?

::NOTE:: This is a QUESTION not an ADVERTISEMENT as I am looking for ADVICE.
Okee Dokee?

Anywho, So am the captain of a team for our states Autism Walk. We are having a fundraising event this weekend at an art studio. I have it plastered all over the internet and flyer up all over. The lady at the art place wants to know how many to expect. I HAVE NO IDEA!? It could anywhere from 10 to 210. How do I estimate this so I can be prepared!?

Go ahead and recat. I have no idea where to put it anyway.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on May. 8, 2012 in Money & Work

• Take the number that RSVP, and cut it in half

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on May. 9, 2012

• I will PM you a link to the event page on FB. I don't want to get flagged. But there is a raffle involved- just nothing so awesome as a car. lol. Pretty good stuff though.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:29 PM on May. 8, 2012

• What are you offering as an incentive to come? I mean, if you're auctioning off a new car you're going to have a much bigger audience than if you're giving away free ashtrays or something**

**Totally random prizes; just used for compare/contrast lol
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:22 PM on May. 8, 2012

• I just have no baisis of comparison this year is our first year so we have no idea how many people are going to 'buy in' We have 42 fans on facebook and a 'reach' of about 3,000. Plus we have posted on every Facebook wall in the area! I mean A LOT of people know it is happening. I just have no idea how many care. lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:20 PM on May. 8, 2012

• You know, lahy is really involved with autism awareness. I wonder if she'd be able to give you a better idea.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:18 PM on May. 8, 2012

• I think it'd split it in half and add 20. So 125. At the least 100. It'd be better to have too much than to have too little
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:15 PM on May. 8, 2012

• That's what I keep saying... WE have it all over Facebook (we have a page) and the local 'what's happening' kind of pages... I mean is 1/12 of the people who know about it came... that would be more people than we could handle...lol
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:13 PM on May. 8, 2012

• You can't. I'd probably estimate 100, but there is not way of knowing. GOOD LUCK WITH THE WALK.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:11 PM on May. 8, 2012