Ok when I was younger I dealt with an eating disorder and when I post I hope I am not putting that out there for those

I think I am fat so when I see a post I have a 32 inch waist... I go ok how would I feel with that and it would drive me crazy. However, before I had children... I could go three or four weeks without eating. I always drank plent of water but I taught my body to live without food which isnt good. My goal weight keeps lowering as I loose weight. I don't want my eating disorder to come back because I have two seven year old girls. What is a good weight for 5'8'. I weigh 125 Id like to be 117 or 115. Is that a good place to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Health

• I feel as though i am fat also I am 53 and weigh 116, i wear a size 2 in womens and i hate the way i look my husband says i have a problem but i know what you mean.... its hard i dont have a problem with the way i eat , i eat healthy its just i feel huge a lot...... i want to weigh like 105....... BUT what gets me through not going through bad stuff is my girls, just try to love yourself for you, because if you keep it up (or down lol) it will turn bad
    tierrarutledge

Answer by tierrarutledge at 11:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Small frame: 126-139
    Medium Frame: 136-150
    Large frame:146-157
    Sounds to me you are Looking GREAT! I know I used to be a small 107-111 lbs and can't get back ther for nothing I have come to accept that I have kids now and extra baggage I know weigh 120-123 lbs and Deal with it lol.. But I hope you can accept your weight,, From the height and weight chart you are Just right!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• For 5'8" for a small frame you should be 126-139
    medium frame: 136-150
    large frame: 146-167
    117 or 115 is just too small for your height. Don't over do it and resort back to your eating disorder days. Show your daughters that you love your body. Self image is so important especially with all the pressure to be thin out there. Your daughters need you to be there for them especially since it might not be long before they are faced with the same thing
    Anonymous

• actually a pound under... Skinny mini..:o)
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I wold go to the doc and explain what you want to do (be healthy) and he/she will tell you a good weight goal. But scales do not matter. I personally will never have a set of scales. You can be healthy and full of healthy muscle so your heart barely has to work and weigh a lot.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Thanks I am trying...I keep thinking wow if I could get smaller...Since, I feel huge at 125. Everyone I know says your so skinny and I think in my mind even if I looked fat would they say that. I don't want to start expelling food again so I will continue to work out and maybe see my doctor so she can help set a balance weight for me.
    Anonymous

• heck, im 5'7" and when i weighed 135 i looked sick. it really all depends on ur frame, ur muscle, all that stuff, bbut i think that 125 sounds like a good place, and 115 would be the lowest that i would absolutely go.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I just want to give you kudos for watching yourself. It's so easy to slip back into something like that. I think talking to your doctor is a great idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• QUIT BEING RETARDED AND EAT... THAT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I always went with 5 foot was 100#'s and every inch taller you add 5 #'s. So 5'8" you should be around 140. Now with that said I know everyone is different, and I think 125 might be OK. Go see a DR! Let them tell you. 115 would not be healthy IMHO.

Anonymous