Alimentum Formula Question ??

My dd has a milk allergy and is currently breast feeding. I'm wondering if anyone's had success switching from breast milk to alimentum formula? Our pediatrician said it's hard because it doesn't taste so great. Any help would be nice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried changing your diet. The allergy usually isn't to your milk but to something you're eating.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I've eliminated all milk and soy products. She is allergic to my breast milk.
    Anonymous

• i bottle fed my son and he had the same problem. we were put on alimentum as a last resort. he hated it at first but put just a little karo syrup in it (just a drop literally) and eventually he got used to it. its really expensive though so i hope you are on wic. if you havent priced it yet...its like 26.00 (without tax) for a big can of the powdered which only lasted my son a couple of days. if you arent already on wic i would go get on it asap.
    Anonymous

• You can mix the BM with the formula. Start with 1/3 ratio and then every other day go down until it's fully formula.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my daughter didnt like the advance formula, she got constipated, same with isomil. I told dr i was switching her to alimentum instead of trying every single one before going to that one, and she didnt mind it at all. She was much happier on it and didnt mind the taste.
    Anonymous