How did you get your baby to stay awake during the day??

Since no one ever freakin' replies to my posts when I really need advice...

So please do tell! How do you get your babies to stay awake during the day? My 1st daughter wasn't near as difficult as my 2nd daughter! She slept through th night at 11 weeks! My youngest daughter is 9 weeks and she still stays up late. She'll sleep through the night after I put her down, but she won't sleep until about 12:45-2:30am. I try to wake her throughout the day, but she won't budge. So how do you or did you keep your little one up? Advice needed please! I am really tired on just 5 hrs. sleep!

AnasMommy7

Asked by AnasMommy7 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies that young need to sleep durring the day. They often can't sleep for very long either. It's totally normal. Trying to keep her awake when she needs to sleep can be bad to her health.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Trying to keep her awake when she wants to sleep could be affecting her at night as well. They start to get overtired and it just goes downhill from there. Just let her sleep when she wants to sleep and things will get easier.
    Anonymous

• ... and do go ahead and adjust your sleeping times, too. Your sleep is important, and people around you can work with what you need for the weeks or couple of months required ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My baby is almost 10 weeks and I go back to work Feb. 17th, I need sleep!
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well my new baby is #4 for me and all my others slept ALL the time.... but she is actully awake alot but she eats alot too so thats probably how i keep her awake she eats and then i play with her for awhile and then feed her again and then she naps!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son had this problem. He was born at night and got used to sleeping during the day. My doc suggested taking him for a walk every day at 11am. I don't know how or why but it worked!
    chrissy12507

Answer by chrissy12507 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• well it seems so long ago 9wks is pushing it I made a schedule if you want the baby to go down earlier you probably are letting the baby sleep later in the day my kids loved to eat I know its so hard when you are peprived of sleep hang in there
    Kimmma

Answer by Kimmma at 1:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• wish i had an answer for you. have you asked your dr?
    Ashley0904

Answer by Ashley0904 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009