what are some food that i eat while breastfeeding

najah1

Asked by najah1 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everything that you normally would...but avoid things that are spicy, cause they might upset babies tummy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Just pay attention to how the baby reacts to certain foods. Some babies are really picky, then there are mine who just care about being fed.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Um...do you want to know what you can or can't eat? You can eat almost anything but I would stay away from cabbage since it can dry up your milk. There are other foods that will too but I don't remember what they are.

I know while nursing I couldn't eat ice cream because it gave my daughter colic.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Disregard any answers telling you to avoid anything in particular - absolute nonsense.

Eat what you like - breast milk is very forgiving, and it will be perfect for your baby whether you eat salad all day, or McDonalds.

For your own sake though, as with anyone else - you should try to amintain a healthy diet so as to be the most energetic and healthy mother you can be.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i was going to tell you the same thing ladysavage did.
    eat what ever it is you want yes some things like onion and spicy foods can cause a gassy baby but its not to likely. try and atleast maintain a healthy diet none the less for your sake and babies.
    Anonymous