Payton is sick.

Hi my 1yo dd Payton is sick. She has a running nose but she cant breath uot of it I have been sucking stuff out for days. She is coughing and she has a fever. It gets to 103-104 we have been giving her med. and it goes down but it goes back up a couple hours before it is time for the med again. I have not taken her to the pedi yet because it has been going down but this has been going on for 3days now. Should I call the Dr tomorrow and see if they can see her? We have given her baths when it is really high and they help. I am just worried because it has been going on for a few days.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 7:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your baby has a temp that high and is having trouble breathing and you haven't taken her to the doc yet? Please take her in ASAP!

I don't like taking my kids to the doctor (or going myself) because I feel that it's not always needed. But a high temp is definitly something I would go to the doctor for.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would call your doc now to see if you could wait tomorrow.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 7:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would take her today or tonight to see a doctor. A fever over 101 degress in a baby can be serious. She could have an infection that needs treatment. Babies this young can dehydrate quickly with high fevers if they are not taking in fluids and eating. Call your doctor right away or go to your local emergency room, etc.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 7:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• it goes down to 99 or less when we give her the med. And she dont always have problems breathing it is just when she has her paci in her mouth. she isnt dehydrated she is still making the same amount of diapers as she did before this. This isnt about whether I like to go to the doc or not.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree that you should call your doctor now and report the symptoms. If you can't call one, go find one at the ER as soon as possible. High fevers that don't quit are serious because she has an infection or something wrong that is causing it. It needs to be treated.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Even if the fever is going down with Tylenol or whatever, she needs to be seen right away. Hopefully, it's not an infection but could be flu or something that can lead to a secondary infection if not treated. Keep us posted.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 7:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ok thanks. I will I am going to take her to the dr.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• With that temp going up and down I would take her to the ER...esp as high as 104! I hope she gets better sweetie! Let me know what the dr says!
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009