Hubby throwing super bowl party. What shall I serve to these men?

erlsk

Asked by erlsk at 7:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We have a Super Bowl party every year, and this year we are having a Baked Potato Bar..... I am supplying the potatoes, butter, sour cream, and chives....All the guests are bringing various toppings for the potatoes: grated cheese, broccoli, sausage, and/or anything else they can think of that sounds good. Plus, I have a HUGE pot of Chili that I put in the freezer that I will pull out too.

It's nice to bring in a big cooler and fill it with ice for the beverages. Ask everyone to bring drinks, but have a few cases of soda in the garage in case they don't bring enough (but, don't let the guests see it, in case they bring some..lol). Also, paper plates are a must-have.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• FOOOOOD!!!!

lol, sorry

mmm....bean dip and chips.
    Pizza
    beer
    mmm.....salsa
    lol, I dunno. But all of the above sounds good to me, maybe some chicken wings?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• chicken wings is always good for men!
    you could do sausage balls, pizza, chips and salsa, a meat and cheese tray, BBQ sandwiches...thats all i can think of for now! lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 7:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• sounds great! you two are making me hungry, yummm.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 7:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oh and i also wanted to add pigs in a blanket, BBQ lil smokies (weenies), and miniature hamburgers.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 7:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i just wanted to add....yummm
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• drinking beer     eating1. Philadelphia cream cheese pour picante sauce over it...mmm! eat with tortilla chips. 2. Spicy buffalo wings (from Hooters) if u don't have a "Hooters" then find ur own wings (spicy) 3. Order some fried chicken from Walmart (Large order to feed as many as you need) 4. And of course lots and lots of BEER!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Get your slow cooker out & make some chili.
    Dips & chips
    Or for a less mess to clean...order a few pizzas & hot wings. They usually have deals going on for the Super Bowl!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Get Big Crockpot. Fill with Big Chili. serve with tortilla chips, and all the stuff for build your own nachos. Have more big Chili on hand in back. You can even have a Chili contest with each man bringing his prized recipe. This will cut down on prices for you. . . Just be sure to have a prize!

Think Manly food (Growls) Sliders are big right now, If you have a deep fryer Beer battered anything. Men like hot dogs too- especially those apalling little sausages that are baked in a batter. So good.

IF you forget to buy beer, your husband might divorce you. I'm kidding of course. But resist the urge to buy a case of Natty Ice even if that is your hubby's fav. . .lol. There are a lot of great winter brews right now and make sure you have a light beer for the wimps and soda for the drivers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• get 2 packs BEEF LIL SMOKIES, 2 packs of bacon, and 3/4 brown sugar for each batch. cut bacon in 3rds and wrap each lil smokie w/ a peice and secure w/ toothpick. put in 11x13 pan and sprinkle brown sugar over lil smokies. put in oven for 40min or until sugar is bubbly. Once done just simply place in crock pot on warm and you will have none left shorty after!! wow these are a HIT!!
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009