Do you suffer from SVT (random rapid heart beat)/had the procedure to correct it?

I have only had about 5 or 6 rapid heart beat episodes since 1996; 2 of which occurred during my pregnancy last year and one the day after my baby was born. Now I am having arythmia/my heart is skipping beats and I've had about 3 more rapid rate episodes. I'm scheduled to have the procedure to 'zap' the bad nerve causing it (which is conscious sedation - so I only have to skip a couple days of breastfeeding), but I'm scared!!! I just had an emergency c-section 3 months ago and feel like I'm still recovering... Has anyone else had this procedure done? If so, how does it feel, what do they do, how long is it, etc? Thank you for your input!

SallyPorsche

Asked by SallyPorsche at 7:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• How did the procedure go for you? My son has SVT & will likely need ablation in the future. Hope it cured you!
    bobbi318

Answer by bobbi318 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009