In your marriage who gets the final say so over things? you or dh

my dh thinks he has to have the final word over everything!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on May. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• Me about 97 % of the time. He knows I'm the boss, that's to me being cocky either he's gone a lot so everything just naturally falls on me.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:10 PM on May. 8, 2012

• * not me
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:16 PM on May. 8, 2012

• dh blech!
    Anonymous

• It really just depends over what the decision is that is being made. Some things I have more say, some things he does.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:32 PM on May. 8, 2012

• It rarely comes down to it, but I have the last word on what happens with the children, and he has the last say in what happens with the finances. Those are the only two things we've ever had a big enough argument about to warrant the "final say".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:35 PM on May. 8, 2012

• There is a difference between the final "say" and the final "word".

In our marriage I make sure to get all my points across, all my reasons, and all the information I have for my side of a choice/disagreement/etc.  I dont whine when I say it.  I dont pout.  I dont pull emotions out to get my point across.  But I make sure to get my point across.  THEN I allow him to have the final "word".  For what ever reason he feels he needs to have that final "word".  Whatever!  It is who he is.

As far as the final "say".... it usually is about one person convincing the other person that their reason is the right reason for a choice.  We BOTH have "say".  But he always gets the last "word".

it works for us.

Anonymous

• Mainly me lol
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:52 PM on May. 8, 2012

• We pretty much agree on everything but if not he has last word.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:21 PM on May. 8, 2012

• If we disagree about something and just cannot come to a compromise then it depends on what it is about who makes the decision. Our latest is that my daughter wants her ears pierced for her 5th birthday next month. He says no and I say yes. Well we compromised with not now since it cannot be undone.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:27 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Yeah with my husband it really depends on what topic it is. I like proving him wrong most times lol.
    branlee90

Answer by branlee90 at 11:41 PM on May. 8, 2012