Is 200 lbs really too heavy for 25 weeks pregnant...

This number is really hard for me to see again... although I know I was a little heavier than is ideal when I got pregnant this time around (187) I was only about 17 lbs heavier than what I would like to have been. At 187 I am in a size 11/13. I hate that I am so close to 200lbs, but I dont feel like I look 200lbs. I am tall (about 5 foot 9 inches) and built solid I guess. I am wondering if anyone else is around the same weight and feel a little plump but not huge...

or is 200 lbs really huge and I'm just in denial.....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Well you are more than 1/2 way done and only gained 1/2 of the 'average' 35 pound weight gain. And if you are swelling it could be more. If you are concerned talk to your Dr. But it doesn't sounds 'huge'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Hard to say if it is too much or not. 200 doesnt tell us how much you gained. We do not know where you started.

I gained 60 lbs all three times I was pregnant. For some they would say that is WAY too much weight to gain. But I started my first pregnancy at 112lbs (im 5'4") and by the time that first baby was 6 mo. old I was down to about 115 (never got lower). With the second and third I gained 60 and lost 60 within 6 mo. So for ME 60lbs was just fine.

For YOU I have no idea... you are not me, and I am not you. Just be healthy. Walk, eat right, do what you need to be healthy. That is all that counts.
    Anonymous

• oh silly me... I didnt see the starting weight.

heck... sounds fine.
    Anonymous

• I am 5'2'" and hit 191 before delivering my 1st. Hang in there and just forget about gravity until you are done with this pregnancy. Gauge how you feel about 4 months after you deliver. You have alot of water weight as well as baby weight right now. I used to breing candy bars with me to doctors' appointments and would say If I weigh x amount then I can have it. I would be so depressed that I would eat it anyway. Hugs ! You only have a few weeks to go.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:46 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Worry about weight after pregnancy/breastfeeding. Nows not the time. Losing weight is not good for pregos.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:57 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I definitely am not trying to lose any weight during my pregnancy, my baby's health is more important than my body issues. I just want to be realistic in how I look at myself I guess. Thank you ladies. I'm trying to just enjoy the ride and once baby comes I'll buckle down and get my body back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I actually started right where you were. I got to 223 by the time I delivered. Roughly a 45lb weight gain. That is just normal for the women in my family. EVERYBODY gained that much from my mom to my aunt, cousins and sister. We all lost the weight as well. It did however take me forever to get the last 10 off though. Just keep treating your body right and getting the right amount of exercise and you will be just fine.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:07 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Talk to your OB but generally women who are overweight when they become pregnant, do not need to gain as much as women who are average weight or underweight. The "normal" weight gain of 35 pounds generally does not apply to a woman who is already overweight. She may only need to gain 15 pounds during the whole pregnancy to grow a healthy baby. The ideal weight for a woman who is 5'9" (and not pregnant) is 152 pounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 9, 2012

• It's your overall weight gain in pregnancy that you need to pay attention to, not what your weight is right now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:06 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I agree with the above comments, it truly depends on your starting weight, I gained 55lbs my entire pregnancy and was told it was completely normal. Feel beautiful girl!! No worries about your weight, it sounds healthy and normal to me. Just keep on glowin' :)
    CassaLuna

Answer by CassaLuna at 2:00 PM on May. 9, 2012