Is 200 lbs really too heavy for 25 weeks pregnant...

This number is really hard for me to see again... although I know I was a little heavier than is ideal when I got pregnant this time around (187) I was only about 17 lbs heavier than what I would like to have been. At 187 I am in a size 11/13. I hate that I am so close to 200lbs, but I dont feel like I look 200lbs. I am tall (about 5 foot 9 inches) and built solid I guess. I am wondering if anyone else is around the same weight and feel a little plump but not huge...

or is 200 lbs really huge and I'm just in denial.....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I am 5'2'" and hit 191 before delivering my 1st. Hang in there and just forget about gravity until you are done with this pregnancy. Gauge how you feel about 4 months after you deliver. You have alot of water weight as well as baby weight right now. I used to breing candy bars with me to doctors' appointments and would say If I weigh x amount then I can have it. I would be so depressed that I would eat it anyway. Hugs ! You only have a few weeks to go.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:46 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Well you are more than 1/2 way done and only gained 1/2 of the 'average' 35 pound weight gain. And if you are swelling it could be more. If you are concerned talk to your Dr. But it doesn't sounds 'huge'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 PM on May. 8, 2012

• I agree with the above comments, it truly depends on your starting weight, I gained 55lbs my entire pregnancy and was told it was completely normal. Feel beautiful girl!! No worries about your weight, it sounds healthy and normal to me. Just keep on glowin' :)
    CassaLuna

Answer by CassaLuna at 2:00 PM on May. 9, 2012

• LOL.... well I got two vote downs because I gained 60lbs.... so I guess you never know what other woman think.

I say your doing fine.... and poop to those women who voted me down for my 60lb pregnancy... poop on them!!!!
    Anonymous

• oh silly me... I didnt see the starting weight.

heck... sounds fine.
    Anonymous

• Worry about weight after pregnancy/breastfeeding. Nows not the time. Losing weight is not good for pregos.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:57 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I definitely am not trying to lose any weight during my pregnancy, my baby's health is more important than my body issues. I just want to be realistic in how I look at myself I guess. Thank you ladies. I'm trying to just enjoy the ride and once baby comes I'll buckle down and get my body back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I actually started right where you were. I got to 223 by the time I delivered. Roughly a 45lb weight gain. That is just normal for the women in my family. EVERYBODY gained that much from my mom to my aunt, cousins and sister. We all lost the weight as well. It did however take me forever to get the last 10 off though. Just keep treating your body right and getting the right amount of exercise and you will be just fine.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:07 AM on May. 9, 2012

• It's your overall weight gain in pregnancy that you need to pay attention to, not what your weight is right now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:06 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I'm 5' 5" and started my pregnancy at 185 ive gained 7lbs so far and im at 20 weeks. I wasent my ideal weight when I started I was alil chubby. Hope this helps.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 3:23 PM on May. 9, 2012