Ecclesiastics 21:10?

I'm totally serious. I want to know where this is. A google search has brought about nothing except did you mean Ecclesiastes? and there isn't a 21st Chapter. For someone who says they know the Bible you screwed up big time with this one. I have studied the bible since I was 10. All versions. I'm now 49. So please enlighten me. You also misquoted other verses. So which Bible are you using? A new one that we've not heard of ?

daps

Asked by daps at 6:22 AM on May. 9, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Handing out VD or DV???... Cause I don't want to be around if they're handing out VD. LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:29 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Could it be Ecclesiasticus 21:10, from the Douay-Rheims Bible?? I don't know - I can't say for sure as I don't have a Catholic Bible. This is what came up on a Google search.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:36 PM on May. 9, 2012

• Typos? We do it all the time. Of course I have no idea what question you are referencing, maybe a link to view the errors would be helpful in determining a better response.....PLEASE LINK
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:41 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Does the Catholic Bible not contain the Apocrypha anymore?

Yes, but that version, the one that words it the way she "borrowed" isn't in use anymore aside from a research tool. It's not even called Ecclesiasticus anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:01 PM on May. 9, 2012

• Gotcha^^^
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:21 PM on May. 9, 2012

• Handing out VD or DV???

I believe it was decided somewhere around page 123 of the nothing to do with global warming question that, based on the way they act and why they hand them out, VD is the appropriate term. (watch them try and give this answer another good dose of the clap)

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Now that you mention it.... Ecclesiasticus is an Apocrypha Book. There is a 21:10, and it is as she quoted. I don't have Douay Rheims Bible (mine's the New American Bible), so I'm not sure exactly where she gets this stuff except for online. It's funny to me that she quotes a Catholic Bible though....

The way of sinners is made plain with stones, but at the end thereof is the pit of hell.
    - 1769 Oxford King James Bible "Authorized Version"

The way of sinners is made plaine with stones, but at the ende thereof is the pit of hell.
    - 1611 King James Bible

The congregation of sinners is like tow heaped together, and the end of them is a flame of fire.
    - Douay Rheims Bible
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2012

• That's not a current Catholic bible, anyway. It's about 400 years out of date.

Does the Catholic Bible not contain the Apocrypha anymore? If so, it's news to me. I did the string of comments you guys are referencing, and I would agree that they are just C&Ping. I haven't actually read the comments because they struck me that way.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:57 PM on May. 9, 2012

• maybe, just maybe...she misquoted.
    give it a rest, dear. people misquote the bible all the time, chapter/verse. they misspell names of the books, and even attribute quotes of authors, presidents, etc., to the bible.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:37 AM on May. 9, 2012

• LOL, handing out VD for answering a question? Someone really wants to spread it around as fast as they can today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 AM on May. 9, 2012