36 weeks and my ribs are killing me

so i HAVE dropped
and have been able to breath better
well all day i have been having contractions
and before during and after the contractions my ribs hurt so bad
it makes it to where i cant breath
i have a doc appt tomorrow and im gonna bring it up them and i was wondering if it is normal????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink some water it helps slow down the Contractions. Contractions come on sometimes if you don't drink enough fluids.
    As far as the ribs yeah its normal some people.
    Anonymous

• im 35 wks second pregnancy and every time i have braxton hicks my ribs hurt and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest my doc said that that could be because a number of things and alot of people have that i guess it just depends on the person but like the other person said drink some extra water every day and it should help
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My ribs ache something horrible, but that's b/c the baby keeps pushing on my ribs (always on the right side). She's been doing it for at least a month, and while she used to only do it in the evening, now she does it all day long. I've got 4 weeks to go, and honestly I'm not sure my ribs can take it.
    Soccer_Mama

Answer by Soccer_Mama at 9:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009