I have a 7 month old son, and for some reason i am aching to have another child, am i crazy for this?

My husband is totally supportive, he loves kids and wants about at least 4, we both want a big family, but i just don't know if i am crazy to want to start now.....any opinions or advice?

amcelha12608

Asked by amcelha12608 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• no a lot of women get the baby itch around this time, i'd say go for it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• LOL! I went through this too! when I had my first one as she grew every month I would beg my hubby to let me have another. But I am soo happy I waited because I had so much fun in her toddlers. Now that she's five we have a 2 1/2 year old son. we are also wanting another one soon. Good luck.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was the same way. We ended up getting pregnant again when my first was 10 months old (yes--it was planned) I wanted my kids to be clsoe in age. Even though it was hard at first they are 2.5 and 4 now and I love it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I felt the itch almost immediately after my first. Both myself and DH want 3 or possibly 4 kids and we both want them close in age. I was pregnant with my second when DS was 7 months. It's alot of work for a while but totally managable. Now they are 3 and 4 and a bit of a handful at times as I feel they are not only brother/sister but friends and allies! lol The trouble they get into!!!! I wouldn't change it for the world. We also have a 9 month old now. We would have liked to have had her closer but I feel that it has happened this way for a reason. I'd love to have another now too, feel the itch often but am on birth control now because I've been dealing with depression since my last pregnancy and for the sake of my other kids want to get better, quicker!
    Best of luck to you!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• no babies are so awesome
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't think it's crazy... then again my 2nd and 3rd are only 17 months apart ;-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 4:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't say your crazy . I have four children, I still feel that way and I cant have anymore. I think most every woman feels that way .There is nothing more special than holding a brand new baby in your arms for the first time, it is undescribable and almost like an addiction.
    JoMee

Answer by JoMee at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009