doesnt castor oil make you sick?

like wont it make you vomit and have the runs? how would it actually put you in labor? and why just castor oil why not vegetable oil? haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it aggravates your system a lot and might cause contractions. Yeah for stressing your baby out with your multiple trips to the bathroom and dehydrating yourself.....not!
    Anonymous

• So don't do this please, I thought it would be a good idea because I was 8 day's overdue and it gave me nothing but the runs ALL night, I slept on the toilet. No throwing up but it's supposed to loosen the cervix i guess, but it would be my last resort, no actually I would never do it again!!! People use it as a laxative go figure :-)
    Anonymous

• Yeah it just makes you poo til your body thinks it is too sick to be pregnant so it will put you in labor to get rid of the problem it can control. But it only works sometimes. More often than not you just make yourself really sick for nothing. Lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Please do not try this, Your baby will come when it is ready. I didn't know much about it and listened to my sister-in-law and tryed it. it put me in labor, but it made my labor so intense that it stressed the baby out and i ended up with an emergency c-section. with what i have heard from others too, it does more harm than good.
    Anonymous

• The intention is to severely irritate the bowels, the intestines are wrapped around the uterus. The major spasms can trigger (hormonal release and) uterine contractions.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• it supposed to help because while you are pucking or pooping doesnt ur stomach contracted? so it starts your contractions so they say i really rather wait a couple extra days then live in the bathroom for 3 to 4 days like my friend did
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• for that matter why not dish soap, or laundry detergent? Why not just drink a bottle of phillips laxative?
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009