Is Obama abusing his ability to make "Excutive Orders"?

It would appear he has made more excutive orders than any other President? Is he abusing it and making laws without congressional approval?

I kindof think he is but would like more information, I am just learning about how laws are made and I know there are some pretty wise woman here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Where are you getting your information that he has made more Executive Orders than any other President??? All Presidents make a lot of them when they first get into office. Please site your source.
    Anonymous

• It's the attention they are getting, but the Executive order has always been ridiculed as being abused, sometimes revered, sometimes hidden. I think Obama is just making a point of it to make each signing a news conference and really big deal. Or perhaps, he just feels really good when he is doing that. And btw, each pen is used only once, and sold at the tourist gift shop, so he is working hard at stimulating the economy with pen sales.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• He's signed 5. Bush signed 284 during his Presidency. How is Obama abusing his power?
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Huh? I think you need to do some research before you start accusing. He has only been in office for a week now.. What do you want, GOD?
    Anonymous

• ANONs don't need no stinkin' research......

I got your EO.....got it right here.....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• He is really quick off the mark. Bush signed 9 within his first month, Clinton 8, but they both waited about twenty days to start.

I don't like the guy but I think the conservative portion of the country is scared and quick to judge. I heard this on the Radio and I think it was Fox opinion, Mike what's his name, so I did some checking. He's not that far off from the other guys. He's just way quicker. But then again, he had his agenda all set walking in the door.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think he's frozen many EO's. In my industry that is a good thing. The more regulations the government piles on, the more money I make. But I think it sucks.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• He has signed 5 executive orders since his first day in office, which was what 7 days ago that is one every day, that is excessive.
    Anonymous

• And before I get bombed for saying he had an agenda, he's not doing anything he didn't say he would do in his various campaign speeches. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They all abuse their power...
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 7:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009