Whats a good Home and Garden Magazine?

Does anyone get any home/garden magazines? We just bought a bungalow style, older house and I want to subscribe to some kind of home magazine to get ideas for improvements and decorating. I've seen several kinds, but don't know which one would be good to subscribe to. Thanks!

abigail824

Asked by abigail824 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My favorites are Cottage Living (good bungalow-ness), Domino (a little artsy funky) and Sunset (west coast). I find great garden stuff in Martha Stewart and occasionally in Real Simple (love this mag!).
    Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 8:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think all of them are good, I have never subscribed to any like that...........but I used to see them all when I worked for the printing plant that prints those magazines. I did some computer work on the files, etc. Its printed right here in Glasgow, KY!! :)
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 9:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ithink both Cottage Living and Domino are being axed by their publishers. My mom's friend keeps giving me her "used' magazines (I don't know why!!!) and I've found myself really, really enjoying Better Homes and Gardens. I've made a few recipes from them and the projects are all small and easy and affordable. Actually do-able instead of dreamy! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I like Family Circle and Woman's Day the best, they seem the most down-to-earth, and the things they feature wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to do.
    SilverSeraphim

Answer by SilverSeraphim at 2:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Better Homes and Gardens! They even have a website...which is free for most ideas!

http://www.bhg.com

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I love Better Homes and Gardens also, their sub-magazines are pertty awesome too.
    JoMee

Answer by JoMee at 8:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009