I didn't say beat the gay out of your son, I said beat him if he acts gay, duh...

This idiot isn't doing himself any favors.  The more he speaks the deeper the hole gets.  Now he's insisting that when he said 

"Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist" and "Man up, give them a good punch, OK. 'You're not going to act like that. You were made by God to be a male and you're going to be a male.'"

he didn't mean you should beat the gay out of your son.  That's because he doesn't believer there's any such thing as gay children.  What he really meant was 

"A shove, an affirmation. You see coaches give their players a good punch, a good slug. It's a way of affirming the gender distinctions between a male and a female," and " I was dealing with effeminate behavior, and instructing parents to affirm the manhood or the womanhood in their children,"

So the moral here is, don't beat your kids because they're gay, just beat them if they in any way look like they might be gay.  Someone want to explain to me which part of this Jesus would be on board with?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:01 AM on May. 9, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I can't decide which picture to post in reply to this. 

FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:03 AM on May. 9, 2012

• FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:04 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I was shocked when I saw this online this morning.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:06 AM on May. 9, 2012

Since this was all part of his sermon supporting the NC amendment, and the amendment passed, I'm sure he sees that as validation that he's doing Jesus' work, too.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:07 AM on May. 9, 2012

• my ds wanted to 'try' my B&BW's berry-something glittery lipgloss the other day..in the car, on the way to Target. he said it looked pretty on me...he soon found out he didn't like the way it felt ''heavy'' on his lips. lol...and proceeded to purse his lips, so they wouldn't touch until we got inside Target (for shame!) and to the restrooms to wash it off. (yeah, i'm one of those mom's who quit carrying a diaper bag/wipes when we quit using diapers...)
    just tuesday, he wanted to ''see what his hair looked like'' if he donned my new leopard-print fabric-covered headband...he said, ''hmm. not bad, but defintely not good.''

should i check him out of school now...i just got home from dropping him off...or should i wait until i pick him up this afternoon to beat the crap outta him? and since both of those actions involved his head, should i just chop his head off?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:10 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Yeah, that makes *perfect* sense!!
    ::eyeroll::
    Between2Rams

Answer by Between2Rams at 9:11 AM on May. 9, 2012

• I wish I could throw a few feminine punches and well-aimed kicks at him. I know we can't knock the stupid out of people like him, but we can certainly teach them to shut their stupid up. Those who advocate violence against children and actively seek to deny people their rights deserve nothing less than to have the same treatment inflicted upon them.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:12 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Does this fall under 'free speech"? We may hate what he says but he has the right to say what he believes. Just like all of us on cafemom who regularly preach their religion or lack of one.

Hopefully no one will take parenting advice from him. I agree that he is an idiot and the more he speaks the more idiotic he sounds.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:15 AM on May. 9, 2012

• We may hate what he says but he has the right to say what he believes.

Could you please point out where anyone said he didn't have the right to show the world what a dick he is?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:24 AM on May. 9, 2012

• Crazy.
    Lovemyfamily24

Answer by Lovemyfamily24 at 9:29 AM on May. 9, 2012