Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health Insurance

Is there anything you can do when you have a specific medical condition which requires a specialist and there are no specialists in your area who accept your health insurance?

Answer Question

Asked by MrsP777 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I have cigna, and they say pick someone (doctor) and tell them who it is and why, and I guess they will work with you.

    Answer by TXdanielly at 11:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • You could look into Ameriplan as a supplement to your insurance. Ameriplan is NOT insurance but it is an affordable disount program. If you want to go to the site you can click on "Locate a Provider" to see if there are any providers near you that would accept Ameriplan. I am an Ameriplan Independent Business Owner and I can answer any questions that you have about it. My contact info is on my site if you want to contact me. As far as your insurance company working with you I have no idea.


    Answer by sassyhettel at 11:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.