feeling around for your baby

when i lay on my back i try to feel around for my baby but i can never find him/her when i do so i was wondering is their a proper way to do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it depends how far along you are when its still early the big parts are still soft so its harder to tell waht is head butt arm head etc
    Anonymous

• Depends on how far along you are. Feel from your pubic bone up. You should be able to feel the top of your uterus. The baby is the hardest thing in your uterus.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think only doctors know...lol. I really think you have to be trained to find it. Otherwise you think that what you feel isn't it. I am preg with my third and until I start to show I can't really find it. You would think that 3 times and I would have figured it out. I am 31 weeks and to me the baby feels like he is sideways, but the doctor said today he is head down...so how you feel for the baby I haven't a clue.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009