Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can she find this guy?

I have a friend (I swear it's a question for a friend), who just had a baby. The father disapeared. she found out he was married with 2 kids, and it is possible he is here in Colorado illegal from Mexico. She thought his name was Angel Cisneros but he may have lied about that too. She will loose TANF for her daughter if she can not track him down for child support. Any ideas on how she can find this guy? White pages or google havn't worked.


Asked by AprilD32 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (3 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I haven't heard about them stopping TANF for not being able to find the father. If you refuse to give them all the information you have (and/or) refuse to file a child support claim then they will... unless reasonable cause is given for not finding the person. All she should have to do is fill out the paper work for a child support case (which is given with the TANF application).

    Answer by indigostone at 8:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • that sucks! hate to say it but sounds like she's screwed especially if he used an alias...

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • I think she should probably just chalk that up to stupidity. I doubt she'll find him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • I don't know! How Sad for all involved! Get some Agencies to help.. Go to to social Services.. How about filing A missing person's file for him!? Go in all worried & concerned saying she lost her mate, her Child's Father !! See if they can or will help!! If she knows the Wife*? Ask her, maybe she's Ready & mad enough to turn him in?? Good Luck!!

    Answer by Angellinda at 8:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • She never met the wife. She only heard about her, after the fact. She has reason to believe the wifes name might be Makayla, but that may not be right. I will let her know about the missing persons report idea. Thanks.

    Answer by AprilD32 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • It's not her job to find him. It's her job to report his name. The state will find him. They have the resources. That's why you give them his name so they can find and prosecute him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • Thanks Indigostone, She said the woman processing some paperwork for her told her they would stop the TANF if she can't find the father for the child support. Maybe the woman was bluffing, trying to see if she knew more than she was saying? I will let her know what you said, maybe she needs to go over this womans head?

    Answer by AprilD32 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009