My 13 month old wont sleep through the night!...What can I do so she will?

She wakes up from 5-10 times and crys till she gets the breast.. What should I do.. Let her cry? HELP>

emturner

Asked by emturner at 11:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know how long you plan to breast feed but if you're not going to forever than I would first stop that. If that's not in your options, then I would before bed do a nice soothing bath, a snack, and than a breastfeeding. When she does wake up at night, try going into her room, not breastfeeding or holding her but comforting by maybe reading a book or singing a song quietly. If she has like a mobile, try turning that on for her. It all seems hard to do but i bet after a hard and consistant week, you'll find yourself getting a goodnights sleep. Also make sure you're letting her cry 5-10 mins before intervening, most babies at that age can sooth themselves back to sleep with sometime.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• lavande baths always help my daughter..
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 11:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Maybe you could try pumping for her bottle at bed time and add cereal to it to fill her up better and that way she wont wake up so much. If you are open to it, you can try stopping breast feeding and give her whole milk before she goes to bed. Im sure you are feeding her solids by now. With her dinner and some whole milk to go to sleep on, she should be sleeping through the night. Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2008