Irregular Period

I had our baby girl in August of 2008. I bled the entire 6 weeks, and then I stopped for about 3 days then I started my period before I went for my check-up. Then I started on the 9th of November and then the 18th of December, I don't take birth-control b/c I am a smoker and b/c of the risk. And here it is January and I still have not started for this month. Before the baby, I never really had regular periods either, but i always managed to start BEFORE the date I started the month previously. Is this normal, and why is my body doing this? Is there anything that I might can do because I don't have health insurance to go to a regular Dr., and any other apt. would take months to get. Should I be concerned? ** And NO the reason why I have not started for January is nothing to due with me being pregnant, b/c I'm not!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• Are u breastfedding ?? That will cause irregular periods.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• How old are you? As we get closer to premenopause it can cause this.
    Or are you stressed or tired?
    Are you breastfeeding?
    If you are not breastfeeding, go to the store and purchase Evening Primrose Oil (capsules) and take 2 a day. This helps. Also make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin C, Protien, calcium, and Iron. Your body is still healing too and so your hormones are a little out of wac..I say give 6 mo to a yr to balance out.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Normal sweetie you had a baby.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• No, I am not breastfeeding, although I had to take iron pills while I was pregnant bc they told me i was anemic, and I don't think I am going through the change of life... lol although, I WISH

Anonymous