BAd Rash on my Preschooler

he is 4 years old and fully potty trained. He just started school about a week and half ago. We have used desitin, baths, and fungal creams and it wont go away. He says its itchy but not painful as of yet . After hours doctor prescribed ketaconozole but no help . Any ideas.. please help I would like to post a pic but not sure how. there are no t blisters, just a large red area on the butt cheeks only. Seems inflammed.

lady1977

Asked by lady1977 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you think it might your laundry soap. I did get into anything at school maybe. If he sit on the potty at school maybe they might cleaned to toliet seat and not of wiped it down he may have accidently set in it.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would take him to a dermatologist. I had good luck with clearing up a babies rash that we struggled with going this route.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 7:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ok figured out how to post a pic.. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas ...

lady1977

Answer by lady1977 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Looks like a some type of a burn.
    Anonymous

• oooouuuweee!! Poor little sweetie. Looks like a bad fungus..or diaper rash.
    I agree...it could be your soap and laundry soap. I use stuff that has wonderful soap with anti fungal properties. Have you tried the baking soda and vinegar bath?
    Take about a 1/2 cup of baking soda with a couple capfuls of vinegar and let him sit in the tub.
    Then do not rub it dry. Instead let him air dry. Even take a blow dryer to his bottom.
    Do not use desitin becuase it is to hard to get off. Let him run around naked..and or sleep nakey.
    Have you tried Nystatin powder? Ask your dr for that...sprinkle it on and then gently put on Bourdeux Buttcream.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• That sweet baby has a yeast infection. Boys get them too. Keep using antifungal cream it will go away, but it is so large it may take nearly a week to see a change.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i agree yeast infection
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 11:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Probably like they said above, yeast infection. My daughter has had them and the rashes look like that. But I would take him to his pediatrician again and ask them to check and see if it is a yeast infection because he would need to get treated for that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009