when do babies start getting teeth?

my daughter is going on 11 mths. old and not a tooth in sight, but lots of crabby teething and drooling. what gives? is it "normal" to have no teeth by this age?

EVER314

Asked by EVER314 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say normal. My son got his 1st at 9 months, then nothing until 12 months.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Babies are all diff. my oldest who is now 24 didnt get a tooth until she was about 15months. My youngest had several by 10 months. My grandson started about 6 months and my granddaughter is 6 months and hasnt had any signs yet.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son got his first tooth a couple days before he turned 5 months and his second tooth about a week or so later. He'll be 6 months next week and just cut his third tooth but it's in the back. When he was born I could see little white spots where his bottom two teeth have come in so I think that's why he teethed so early. I'm kinda glad he's getting it over with though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My dd got her first tooth at 10.5 months and only had that one until she was 13 months old haha. My dh as a baby got his first tooth at 12 months. It's normal.

My pedi told me that the longer it takes for them to teeth the healthier/stronger the teeth are and less instances of rot etc because of less time with bottles/nursing at night etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009