Time to buy a car seat

So my husband and I are expecting our little bundle of joy in just 11 weeks so i guess its time to start buying all the items need easy enough however i wana know what type of infant car seat is the best and what other moms have used and recommend.
I know we want the type that the base stays in the car and the seat comes out for easy moving around.
who owns which ones and do you like them and price wise how are they?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Graco Snugride worked great.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i have 2, one infant carrier by safety first that came with a stroller, i liked the car seat but not the stroller. That one is green with frogs and i got it at target for 100. I also have a cosco omega elite convertible, 5-100 lbs, and i like it so far, much easier then the infant carrier and yes she still faces the rear. that one ibought from biglots for 100, but they usually run about 160
    Anonymous

• why dont you like the stroller anon? i saw that one at target and thought it was cute we almost got it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I had a Graco Snugride for my first two, and I'm using a Graco SafeSeat for my third. They're both great, but I like the SafeSeat better. It's bigger, which makes it heavier to carry around, but it goes up to 30 pounds, so it'll carry her through the first year. I had to buy a convertible when my oldest was 5 months old because she outgrew the Snugride. And now they're recommending that babies stay rear-facing until TWO! So it depends - do you want lighter & easier to carry, or lasts longer?
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have a graco snugride. I LOVE IT! I wouldn't trade it. It is easy to get the baby in and out of. It has a button to loosen the straps and then tighten them again. It was around 60$. Just make sure that you do your research before you buy it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It was very hard to steer. I hated it , i fought with it almost everytime i tried to push it. We are currently using my aunts graco she had for her granddaughter, much nicer
    Anonymous

• There is absolutly no way my daughter is staying rear facing until she is two. She is already almost 30 inches long and shes only 8 months old. i can only imagine how tall she will be when she is 2, my friends daughter is 2 and she is only 34 inches, so i can only imagine with my daughter growing at this rate
    Anonymous

• i didnt read any of the previous answers but
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3251275
    is the one i got and i LOVE it! it has a removable base so it stays right in the car and i dont have to seat belt it in every time...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 8:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i have the graco snugride travel system (comes with car seat) and i love it!! I got it because i have a friend who used it and also liked it. It has a base but i dont use it because in my car a car seat base doesnt fit right and my LO actually tipped over when i pulled into my driveway when she was 3 mos old. I just use a seat belt and love it! good luck and congrats
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The Graco Snugride is the best-selling infant seat in the U.S.
    Anonymous