what do i do if my 3 year old ate a roll of tums?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try calling poison control in your area just to be on the safe side
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Probably nothing, but call poison control to make sure.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• it wont do anything, my 13 month old ate like 4 of them and i freaked out and poison control said just to monitor him for the next 24 hours..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 8:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 1-800-222-1222
    It's probably fine but it never hurts to call.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Call poison control immediately. Antacids can have high levels of aluminum, magnesium or calcium in them. They can cause serious chemical imbalances in the body that can be fatal if not treated. A couple no worries..a whole roll..CALL.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Call poison control for sure. I call them whenever I have a question about anything my kids have gotten into that could possibly harm them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm sure you've already dealt with this... but I had to add an LOL here... that's comical! My son did something similar a few weeks back with a generic form of Tums. There's not much you can do but give them water and watch them. LOTS of water... and break or crackers is a good idea too. My son was poopin all shades of the rainbow....hahahaha... hope it all turned out for ya!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2009