When did you

I just started feeding 5 1/2 month old Gerber baby foods. i do it once in the morning. about when can/should i feed him twice a day?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he eats alot of it then go ahead and feed him twice a day if he eats little then wait till 6 1/2 months and try again
    Anonymous

• i started my son with rice at 3 months and by 4 months he was eating fruits and by 5 months he was eating 2-3 times a day... but i didnt do it "the right way". i had a 9# 5oz baby so the doctors gave me the okay to do that earlier.. he came home eating 4oz every 2 hours and by the 1st month he was eating 6+oz every 4-5 hours...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 8:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I started rice cereal in my sons bottle at 2 weeks, and I made my own baby foor for him at 4 months. He was a hungry little boy, but my daughter I started rice cereal in her milk at 3 months and baby food at about 6 months,,,but I let her eat until she was full I didn't restrict how much food she got. Both of my kids are still skinny LOL
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my DD is 5 months old today and she can eat baby food two to three times a day and sometimes none it depends on how she feels if she wants it you know because its a hungry cry but its a different kind ya know?
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I didnt start giving my daughter anything but breatmilk until she turned 6 mnths old. When she seemed to still be a little hungry I would give her some cereal or baby food. At 8 months old she only eats baby food or cereal once a day at dinnertime. She is satisfied with just breastmilk all day and some nights she doesnt even want to eat dinner. All babies are different - you just have to pay attention to her cues - they are pretty good at letting us know what they need.
    Anonymous