This quote by a Catholic Apologist seems to fit this debate board these days. yes, no?

“The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion.”
― G.K. Chesterton

I'm throwing this one in just because I like it.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

daps

Asked by daps at 8:00 PM on May. 9, 2012 in Religious Debate

• “The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

True--but it's the arguments that keeps things lively. lol

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people

Amen! I never had any enemies (that I'm aware of) until I got into a property dispute with my neighbors. It's been dragging on for two years. Sigh. It's FINALLY going to trial next month. To those that pray: please pray for the Lord's favor to be upon me. Thanks much :)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2012

• bump
    momof4boyz1girl

Answer by momof4boyz1girl at 7:29 PM on May. 10, 2012

• I don't exactly see what relation the quotes have to the debate board. . .Or maybe I just don't care.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:47 PM on May. 10, 2012

• Here are some of my favorite G K Chesterton quotes

It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged. 

What embitters the world is not excess of criticism, but absence of self-criticism

If you convey to a woman that something ought to be done, there is always a dreadful danger that she will suddenly do it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 AM on May. 10, 2012

• Always loved Chesterton...my favorite convert.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:25 AM on May. 10, 2012

• I kove both of those quotes and tey do seem apropriate.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:17 AM on May. 10, 2012

• why would anyone want to slay Puff?.

FUS RO DAH
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:30 PM on May. 9, 2012

• l'm alright Just to show what kind of mood I'm in I was rocking to this in the Church parking lot waiting on the12yo. Yes it was blasting. now everybody gopher dance.

daps

Comment by daps (original poster) at 9:35 PM on May. 9, 2012

• :) thank you for sharing, those quotes were interesting
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:16 PM on May. 9, 2012

• daps, I LOVE G. K. Chesterton. (And I'm not even Catholic). My favorite quote of his is this: “The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.” ~G. K. Chesterton
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:54 PM on May. 9, 2012