What do I do?

I have two sons, 5 and 6. They will be going to their dads for 6 weeks this summer, I want them to have time with their dad but they want to join a little league baseball team. If they spend the summer going back and forth to their dads they won't be able to stick to a ball schedule. I feel so bad for them and don't know what to tell them.... The town their dad lives in doesn't have a team but ours does.. So like I said I don't know how to explain to them that they can't play. Last year they didn't really say anything but they are getting older and kids in their class at school are talking about signing up.. Any advice or suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• WOW I do no envy you this situation.
    What does your husband think of it? Does his area have an upward church league or other fun program they could do, like vacation bible school, swim club, boy scouts?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why can't they spend their 6 week w/their dad after b-ball is over?
    Anonymous

• I'm the OP, sorry for the late response...
    I think I came up with a solution, soccer starts in the fall and I sat down with them at bedtime and explained the problem with baseball, they both agreed to try soccer. So they can have their summer with Dad and still have something to look forward to in the fall....
    I will also talk with Dad and see if he can sign them up for something in his area, maybe at the YMCA or something... Thanks again!
    Anonymous

• BASEBALL ONLY GOES TO JULY ,TALK TO DAD ABOUT THEM COMING AFTER B-BALL.....
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 10:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2009