Paternity Testing...

Does anyone know where or how I can find out how to get a paternity test? I called our Dept. of Job & family services but they gave me a 1-800 # to call and I called it but the machine wanted me to leave all this information so they could call me back. It sounds like they only offer it for collecting child support reasons. My husband wants to know if he is our daughters father- *there is some tiny ounce of question* but anyways... I looked around the net but the few I found cost about $450.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't get it done for free unless it's for child support purposes...you'll need to pay for it.
    Anonymous

• call your hospital they do testing there. i did one. and that is the best one. it IS expensive tho. mine was about 600 dollars. there is also one you can buy at cvs or rite aid that cost like 130 but then you have to take the test at home and then send it out which costs more. we paid like another 100 to get that one sent out. then we didnt believe the damn test so did the hospital one. if you want an accurate one..do the one from the hospital.
    Anonymous

• Hi if its just for you guys to know for sure go online.. go to google, and then type in dna test and or cheap dna test got with GTL labs i think its called.. they are only 100$ and it takes like maybe a week
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oh and GTL is one of the best places had one done when it came court time he said i changed the result and we did another one it was the same result..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thank you to you other ladies for your suggestions and help. HE IS WILLING TO PAY! Like I said we don't want it compleatly free just not so dang expensive.
    Anonymous

• Agree with the poster she never said she wanted anyone else to pay for it.. the one online is like a total of 130 to 150 and its fast.. so no long wait.. we all make mistakes and life happends no reason to judge here... I really would do the online test i did it to prove to her dad that she was his.. its one of the best labs and its cheap and fast.. just make sure you both are there and sign and seal it and finish it all the way then drop it off right away
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• aww thanks Miss Nevin. I am glad to know not everyone is against me.
    Anonymous

• dna testing labs are expensive. $450 is cheap. The last time I heard it was $600.00. I don't think it's free anywhere even at the govt. They just add the charge to the child support bill

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• well the law says that if the dna test is in a court room you can agree on who is paying it and if you cant then it depents on how the test comes back if it comes back as his he has to pay for it and if not the woman has to pay for it.. and true the court system its 450 to 500, which would be the same for DSHS. just wanted to add the info
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Go to a Rite AID they sell non court DNA tests that you swap the mouths and mail it in.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009