Is she teething?

So my almost 5mo DD is having lots of trouble BFing these days.. she cries a lot and pulls away, seems pretty irritated by the whole process. She doesn't have any teeth yet and isn't very gassy- any takers?

LishaBee

Asked by LishaBee at 8:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she having a normal amount of wet diapers? Could your milk supply be diminishing or not satisfying her?
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 8:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Oh yeah, she's a pee machine! Atleast 4-5x per day and lots at night. She's had some pretty diarrhea-y poops (1x daily) lately too.. maybe she just has a cold.
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 8:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Just keep offering... babies go through this. sometimes my dd just gets impatient and does not want to wait for let down. Dont give up.
    KiaiMomma

Answer by KiaiMomma at 9:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son started becoming impatient and didn't want to work at it to get the milk. I was trying to pump when I returned to work and when he figured out the bottle nipple was easier to use, he began throwing a fit every time I offered the breast. My supply dried up in a matter of weeks (not enough to satisfy because he wasn't nursing well).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009